Thursday, March 17, 2011

Dani Folquet

The back of Lee Mazzilli's 1985 Topps card notes that "his wife, Dani Folquet, is co-hostess of a television show."

I looked up Dani Folquet and found this very interesting article from a 1982 issue of Cincinnati Magazine. The name of the article is called "Wopsie-Daisy" and notes that she was fired from a Cincinnati morning news program in 1979 when "she introduced Midday's weatherman, Garry Rizzo, with a word that rhymes with slop."

Ironic, then that she married an Italian baseball player when she moved to New York and became co-host of PM Magazine.

Also interesting is the magazine's description of Folquet. The man who every girl in New York wanted ended up marrying a woman described as "pert and bouncy, with a kind of sexless, pixie attractiveness." I guess she was a breath of fresh air from all of those groupies?

5 comments:

  1. Maybe my brain's working a little slow this St Pats Day, but I can't for the life of me think of a 'word that rhymes with slop' that would be inappropriate for print. Help me out here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, PM Magazine. Pre-Fox Channel 5. Them's was the days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason...think of inapproriate things that a person on Italian ancestry can be called, and you may get it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dunno, I thought she was particularly hot in those PM Magazine days. I sure wanted HER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dani was very cute on PM magazine (the sexless crack is IDIOTIC)...I saw her in Manhattan one time hailing a cab as well....

      Delete