Monday, February 7, 2011

Cards from Cards from the Quarry

Johnny from Cards from the Quarry recently put a big dent in my needs from the "overproduction era".

JOY OF A COMPLETED SET - 1986 TOPPS
I now have every Topps card from 1986-1990. Johnny sent me the last 11 cards I need from this set, including Roger Clemens's second year card and Mark Salas's rookie.

ALMOST THERE - 1989 FLEER
This one should have been a completed set too, but I accidentally left three cards off of my wantlist. (78, 127, 292). We're currently working on a second trade to get me over the hump with this set. He has a ton of doubles from this set so anyone looking to complete it should check him out. Highlights of the over 100 cards he sent me from this set include my first ever Ken Griffey Jr. rookie card and that ever-elusive catcher, Mark Salas.

ALMOST THERE - 1988 SCORE
He sent me a huge chunk of 1988 Score, including the last Yankee I needed in the set, Dan Pasqua.

I only need three more, anyone have these?
24 Kirby Puckett
336 Randy Myers
596 Steve Lake

ALMOST THERE - 1991 TOPPS
He sent me three 1991 Topps cards including this nice action shot of Rob Murphy, leaving me four away from set completion.

Anyone have these?
67 Rick Honeycutt
194 Xavier Hernandez
213 Frank Wills
390 Jose Canseco All Star

1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed them. And thanx for the plug. I'll be in contact in a couple of days over what else I have for you.

    ReplyDelete