I found a lot on eBay that was mostly cards I didn't need, but it had three that would get me close on a couple of vintage sets. The seller had a vintage football lot too, I bid on both with the minimum bid and won. With a few exceptions, the cards are in great shape, except for the Kim Rudolph autograph on every card.
Clemente and McCovey are the two big names I still needed from the 1967 Topps Posters. I still need Matty Alou and Bobby Knoop, those should not be too difficult to get. Luis Tiant gets me to just four needs in the '69 Topps set - Reggie, Mickey, Nolan, and a high number common of George Stone. There was also a '69 Topps Decal I needed, as well as a couple of back variations.
There were lots of cards leftover that will be tradebait, certainly for OBC but for blog traders too - as usual, if I have a better conditioned card I'll trade that one, the writing doesn't bother me. Starting off with a whole lot of '69 semi-highs, with a few big names in there.Two '67 Topps posters available.A whole lot of '67s, again with a few HOFers.A few older cards, including most of a '59 Mantle baseball thrills!The football lot was mostly cards I needed. My first five 1968 Topps Standups. All punched out but they look great. A lot of '69 stamps and one 1971 need. Some big names in those stamps.My first '68 Topps poster. A whole lot of '68 Topps needs. I don't think I've gotten so many at once before, and I'm really appreciating the design of this set more.Some '67 Philadelphias, including a great card with the Giant's Jerry Hillebrand taking down the Eagles Earl Gros with a nice open-field tackle. I love the cards with the action photos from Yankee Stadium.Some football trade bait, a couple of '71s and a few '69 stamps.









No comments:
Post a Comment