Sunday, September 29, 2024

Trade with Phil McNear

Most of the card back-and-forth I do on OBC isn't really trading. It's more of a loose assortment of blind trades. I send cards to people randomly when I have something for them, and others do the same for me. It all pretty much evens out. Occasionally there is an opportunity for a real trade. Phil McNear is working on a '69 set, and one of his last few needs was Johnny Bench. I was fortunate to pick up a spare and traded him that, along with three '67 Topps posters. Here's what I got in return:

That's a 1968 Topps high number and four 1969 Topps stamp albums. The albums are each about 75% full. I already had a few stamps but no albums until now.

Let's look inside each album. Starting with the lowly Indians, here's a nice completed page with a few very good pitchers.
The equally lowly Senators, with Frank Howard the big standout.
The Cubs book had three of the four Hall-of-Famers. Jenkins and Williams are great but I had to go with Ernie Banks as the Cubs representative.
Finally the big one, the Yankee book. Missing Pepitone, Stottlemyre and White, but that's OK because there is Mickey Mantle! Any time I can get a vintage Mick it's worth celebrating.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment