Tuesday, March 19, 2024

A few more from 2024

A couple more TCDB trades have further scaled down my wantlist on this set. doublee919 sent four rookies and Mike Trout, the only non-rookie left that I needed.

Eggbert60 is a Mariners fan, and he sent five Mariners rookies. But I was most happy for the two Yankee cards from the latest Stadium Club set. Bernie Williams guitar cards are always fun. The other card has a delightfully bizarre photo from the first Yogi Berra day in 1959. It's a colorized black-and-white photo, and I'm pretty skeptical about the color choices, including the exact same gray for everything wood-grained and the heavy amount of blue. I've noticed in AI-colored videos of old NYC, lots of blue and purple with almost no red, so you get things like blue Coca-Cola signs. I'm guessing a lot of the colors in this card are wrong too but it's still fun to look at.

 

3 comments:

  1. Five Mariners' rookie cards? That's overkill... Nice strumming Bernie, on the other hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'd be nice if they'd stop trying to colorize everything.

    ReplyDelete