Wednesday, May 27, 2020

7-Day Trading Card Challenge: Day 3

Day 3 of the Cardpocalypse Challenge: Favorite football card in your collection. I'll go with one that I've acquired during quarantine (day 1 of the challenge). Came from one of the Johnny's Trading Spot Big Fun Games (he still needs three more for Friday night).  One of my oldest cards, and it is of a Giants legend, Homer Jones.
I could have picked a card from a player whom I actually saw play, like Taylor, Simms, Bavaro, Hostetler, Manning, et al. But I don't really have one stand-out card for any of them.

5 comments:

  1. Great name, and a nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. The New York Giants sure made it easy for fans to identify the players back in the 60's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's odd that in the 1967 NFL set, almost every Giant (including 2 ex-Giants on Saints cards, but still in their Giants' uniforms) is wearing a helmet, but almost no other player is wearing a helmet (2 Colts, I think).

    ReplyDelete