Saturday, August 10, 2019

125,000 cards

This morning I picked up the 125,000 free cards I mentioned in yesterday's post. This is by far the largest collection I've ever picked up. I've sorted it into three very large sections.

**Anyone who collects hockey cards or has some junk wax needs, let me know ASAP as these hopefully will not stay with me long, they take up too much room, but I want to give bloggers first dibs before I sell/giveaway/whatever**

These boxes are all hockey (I assume; I may at some point rifle through them to see if there is anything else). There is more than this including two very large boxes I left in my trunk. I have no interest in these and it's too much to even go through. I will see if SMR Collectibles is interested in them, a longshot but I've traded non-baseball cards to them before. Otherwise I'll see if I can make a few bucks selling them on Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist; if no takers then I'll give them away. I know there are a couple of you who collect hockey who might be in driving distance of Long Island; if you have interest in coming by and picking everything up I am open to that.
 These boxes are all junkwax baseball (the open box has a bunch of hockey mixed in). I saw lots of 86-89 Topps, 87 Donruss, 87-91 Fleer, 90 UD, 88-91 Score, 89-90 Bowman. I figure I will do one run through these boxes for variations and blogger needs, but then I will probably just give them away as they are not even worth keeping for tradebait, take up too much room.
 And these boxes here are all the promising ones. Lots of early-00s baseball mixed in with lots more junkwax and hockey. I saw some football, some basketball, even golf (saw a Tiger Woods card). I figure the boxes in the other two photos will stick around as long as it takes to sort through these, then out most of the cards go. I saw some exciting stuff like half a box of '04 Topps Heritage. It will take me a week or two to go through them, and i think I will provide updates each day of what I find.
**As I go through these boxes I will set aside cards for various trading buddies, so if there is something you want me to save for you, especially hockey, let me know ASAP. I might not go though the hockey-only boxes looking for individual cards, but there are still thousands of hockey cards in these.**

4 comments:

  1. I wish I lived closer. I'd love to dig into those hockey boxes. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have all the flagship Upper Deck, Topps, Score, and Pacific hockey sets I need but if there are other hockey sets in there I might be interested. I don't need any junk wax-era baseball but if there's basketball and football in there I might be interested in those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your're a better man than I, Bo! I couldn't do it :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you find some nice goodies for your collection in there. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete