Friday, May 4, 2018

Trade with Turrdog

Turrdog doesn't have a blog but has started trading vintage cards around the blogosphere. Got some really cool cards from him.


Joy of a completed set - 1974 Topps Traded! Just a few weeks into this vintage thing and already my first complete set. It's just a 44-card traded set with minimal big names (Turrdog supplied the two HOFers in the set, Marichal and Santo) but it's still a cool accomplishment.
Sticking with the 1974 theme, he sent me seventeen cards from the main set. 15 were Yankees!
 Check out the great cartoons on the back. If you don't know about Sparky Lyle and birthday cakes. go look it up.
 Two of the 17 cards were not Yankee cards, but were arguably the most "Yankee" of the group.
 Speaking of Yankees, a team set card from 1973!
 A few 60s oddballs as well. The deckle-edge cards are really nice. I'll happy collect any vintage cards but I've got to say, the 1965 Topps embossed is not a design I care for. Still cool to get them, though.



1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked them. When I see Piniella and Billy Martin, I think Yankees too.

    ReplyDelete