Saturday, March 3, 2018

Travis Teegarden on baseball cards

Travis Teegarden pitched for the Billings Mustangs of the Reds organization in 1989. In 16 games he went 1-4 with an 8.07 ERA, striking out 28 batters in 32 innings. Now an engineer for the US Department of the Interior, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I played on the Billings Mustangs in 1989...the same minor league team Trevor Hoffman played on in his first year of pro baseball. Trevor and I played against each other in college a few times. He played for Arizona and I played for Wyoming. 

I have original signed cards from our team from that year. Trevor and I both liked AC/DC and as you likely know, Hells Bells became his intro song. He was a great guy and teammate and I’m so pleased to see he will be in the Major League Baseball Hall of Fame!"
Thanks!

1 comment: