Friday, March 30, 2018

Phil Klein on baseball cards

Phil Klein pitched for the Rangers and Phillies from 2014 to 2016. In 40 games he went 2-3 with a 5.50 ERA, striking out 54 batters in 55.2 innings. He kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I have had a few cards of myself, but they were mostly from the minor leagues, I think I had one big league card and it was a rookie combo card with another pitcher from the Indians. 
 
My family enjoyed getting every card I’ve been on but I’m not one to toot my own horn and collect my own cards. I did collect them when I was a kid, I still have them at the house. My favorites were ironically non-pitchers....Jeff Bagwell, Griffey, etc. My favorite was probably Jim Edmonds! My grandpa is the worlds biggest Cardinals fan so that’s where that comes from. 

I loved watching Edmonds play the outfield growing up. Amazing glove, and had the sweetest lefty swing (case can be made for Griffey). That same grandfather is a huge baseball fan, he has some really cool older vintage cards. He was a lefty pitcher and actually went to some major league tryouts when he was younger. "

Thanks! I don't have that card, but here is one from my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment