Thursday, March 1, 2018

Dean Green on baseball cards

First baseman Dean Green played in the Tigers organization from 2011 to 2016, hitting .306 with 76 HR and 401 RBI in 591 games. He played in Japan last season and has signed with the New Jersey Jackals of the Can-Am League for this season. He kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"My favorite ball player growing up was Will Clark, so I always collected Will Clark sports items. When I was little, I would always keep one of his cards in my hat when I played. I thought it made me play better for some reason. I’ve collected cards since I was little. It’s something that my dad did, and I always liked doing it. It’s a fun hobby to me. My favorite cards of myself are from Japan because I thought it was neat to see a different language on my cards."
Thanks! I don't have that card, but here is one from my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment