Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Baseball card story from Dustin Glant

Dustin Glant pitched in the Diamondbacks organization from 2003 to 2008. In 264 games he went 21-23 with 51 saves and a 5.19 ERA. Now the pitching coach at Ball State, he kindly answered the questions I sent him after his card was mentioned by Chris Kinsey in my recent interview with him.


"I believe the one Kinsey is thinking of was in Lancaster CA for the Jethawks.  It was taken early in the season and I wanted to see if anyone realized I was in catchers gear for it.  So I goofed around and had on full gear and posed as if I was catching a pop up.  We had a good laugh from it.  Great memories from that season, loved our manager Bill Plummer and pitching coach Jeff Pico, both guys I was fortunate enough to be coached by for several of my seasons.  We made the playoffs if I remember correctly on that last day of the season--huge thrill!  That was Miguel Montero's big breakout season as well."
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment