Sunday, February 26, 2017

Trade with HSCA

Brian from Highly Subjective and Completely Arbitrary has been trying to thin out his trade boxes. I was happy to take on a bunch of cards from the late 1990s and early 2000s, everybody's trouble spot, in exchange for a bunch of Twins cards.

Not every card was from that era - in this trade I got my first '17s! I know its fashionable to rag on the design but to me photo selection is more important than design so this set is a winner for me.
 Similarly, I don't mind the changes to the backs either - I'd rather see an interesting write-up than the same stats again and again. I like this one because I was at the game against Toronto mentioned on the back. Too bad Aaron Judge pretty much fell off a cliff after those first three games.
 For those of you who aren't familiar with Judge, he's basically this guy:
 6'7", strikes out a ton. Hopefully has similar power though.

Here's a nice photo from '05 Fleer Tradition. Notice the facsimile signature at the bottom. They were part of the card design that year.
Except, it seems, when they couldn't find a signature for a player, leading to this funny-looking repetition of the player's name in print and then printed cursive.

No comments:

Post a Comment