Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Joe Thatcher on baseball cards

Joe Thatcher pitched for the Padres, Diamondbacks, Angels and Astros from 2007 to 2015. In 405 games he went 11-15 with 1 save and a 3.38 ERA. Now the Associate Head Coach at Indiana University Kokomo, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I collected baseball cards from a very young age and still have my collection stored away... My favorite card of myself was the first one I ever saw. It is of me in my pitching motion and we are wearing the camo jerseys with the tan pants.  I think its cool because those were the first camo jerseys ever worn.  Obviously it is special too because seeing myself on a card was a dream come true...  As a kid, I remember using my candy money after tee ball and little league games to buy cards rather than buy candy.  Then me and my friends would go sit down together and open our packs which was a lot of fun."


Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment