Saturday, November 1, 2014

Benji Simonton on baseball cards

Outfielder Benji Simonton played eight seasons of professional baseball, mostly in the Giants organization. In 901 games the slugger hit .277 with 132 HR and 570 RBI. Now the owner of Mobile, Stable & Strong Fitness in the San Francisco area, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"Well I have a card, I believe it is a Topps card. On the back of the card it tells the story that my mother gave me the middle name Kendue, because she thought I would be a "can do type of guy". Not sure where they got the story from but it is funny.

My favorite card of myself is my first card.  It's by Classic and it shows me in my college uniform. I still think it's cool to see my juco college represented on a baseball card.

​I don't collect cards anymore.  But i still have a large card collection from my childhood that I look at from time to time.  I love the memories they give me."

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment