Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Mark Budzinski on baseball cards

Outfielder Mark Budzinski played eleven seasons of professional baseball. In 1,235 games he hit .274 with 56 HR, 469 RBI and 150 SB. He also played in four major league games with the Reds in 2003. Now the manager of the Lake County Captains in the Indians organization, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I collected baseball cards as a kid and being that I grew up just south of Baltimore, I was a big fan of both Eddie Murray and Cal Ripken, Jr.  I was a first baseman in my early playing years and loved watching Don Mattingly compete as well. My big league career was short and sweet - I did not stick around long enough to have a card made - but was fortunate enough to play for 11 years in the minor leagues.  A career  highlight was playing for Terry Francona and Team USA in 2001 just after September 11th, which was quite an honor to be able to represent our country."


 
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment