Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Jason Conti on baseball cards

Outfielder Jason Conti played parts of five seasons in the major leagues with the Diamondbacks, Devil Rays, Brewers and Rangers. Now a Key Account Manager for Coverlugg, which makes decorative luggage covers, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"My first big autograph came at Three Rivers Stadium. I was probably 14 or 15 at the time. We were big St. Louis Cardinal fans and down the left field line walks Ozzie Smith signing for his fans. He got down to me and signed a ball that already had Lou Brock's autograph on it already. Now I have a baseball with two of the most famous Cardinals ever.

I do not necessarily have a favorite card, but my favorite set of cards is the 1989 Upper Deck. I was in my late twenties before I ponied up and bought a factory set of those cards on Ebay.

I used to collect cards. I still have the large 4 sleeve box of Topps cards from the years 1987-1990 with pieces of paper for each year letting me know which cards I still need for the set. It has been in my parents attic for at least 20 years now."

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment