Sunday, April 28, 2013

Rick Wrona on baseball cards

Catcher Rick Wrona played parts of six seasons in the major leagues for the Cubs, Reds, White Sox and Brewers. He now works for Metals USA and is a youth baseball coach. He kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I collected a few box sets in '89 and '90 when I was a rookie just to save for my kids, but I wasn't into it big time. Most of the box sets I had were given to me while I attended card shows to sign autographs.
I used to pose for a lot of cards batting left handed and they actually printed one. It's a '90 or '91 card with the Cubs.  

My last card, '93, while with the Reds is cool and unique. I'm holding a 300mm telescoping camera during a rain delay in Cincy and it got on a card. It was probably the only action photo they could find of me that year with the Reds as I was the third catcher and rarely played."

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment