Monday, April 29, 2013

Rick Parker on baseball cards

Outfielder Rick Parker played parts of six seasons in the major leagues for the Giants, Astros, Mets and Dodgers. Now the Broker/Officer for Parker Team - Keller Williams Realty in Independence, MO, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

- Do you have any stories about cards of yourself or of other players?
The 1990 Upper Deck card - that's my favorite. I broke my nose the day fielding ground balls in San Fran before the game and I have two black eyes in the picture on the front.
- Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player?
Yes, my 1990 Upper Deck, my wife likes the picture on the back.
- Do you collect baseball cards?
Yes, I have many old cards like Mickey Mantle, Hank Aaron, Pete Rose, George Brett - rookie, Robin Yount - rookie. 

Thanks! He broke his nose on June 16, 1990. The next day, he pinch hit against Tom Glavine in the bottom of the sixth inning with the Giants trailing the Braves, 6-5. He singled, went to second and third on two groundouts, and then scored on a single by Kevin Mitchell to tie the game.  The next inning Parker was replaced in a double-switch. The Giants went on to win, 9-7.

No comments:

Post a Comment