Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Brian Dallimore on baseball cards

Brian Dallimore played ten seasons of professional baseball, reaching the major leagues in 2004 and 2005 with San Francisco. His first major league hit was a grand slam. Now a Risk Advisor with Assurance Ltd. in Las Vegas, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

- Do you have any stories about cards of yourself or of other players?

I do not have any stories about my cards but I often tell people as a joke that the most famous thing about me is that Barry Bonds is in the background of one of my baseball cards :-)  I have an action card of me turning a double play with Juan Pierre sliding into me and you can see Barry in the background out in left field.

- Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player?

That card I talked about above is actually my favorite card because it is an action shot.  Most of my cards were stock pictures that they used from photo shoots at 7am in Spring Training!


- Do you collect baseball cards?

No, I have never really collected anything, not even my own cards.  I have a friend that is in the card business and he has been getting his hands on every card of mine that he can and giving it to me.  He says that I will want them some day for my kids :-)


Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment