Monday, May 23, 2022

Hollywood bit players on baseball cards: Part 21

Half Nelson was a 1985 TV movie, a pilot for a short-lived TV series about a vertically-challenged New York cop played by Joe Pesci. In this scene you can see Pesci in a club with three athletes cameoing behind him. Left and center are former NFLers John Matuszak and Fred Williamson. Do you recognize the baseball player on the right?

It's former Dodgers star Jerry Reuss! Reuss was also credited as appearing in another short-lived crime series, 1991's P.S. I Luv You.

Here are Reuss's first and last major league cards. 


4 comments:

  1. Cool! I want to read his autobiography, but the price tag is a bit more than I want to pay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recognized the face... but couldn't put a name to it. It's like the three former students who visited me today after school. I recognized their faces, but didn't remember their names.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't remember the name, but I remembered the hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Older Jerry looks a bit like Ted Turner.

    ReplyDelete