Wednesday, May 25, 2022

1961 Post

I picked up a lot of '61 Post for a bit more than I usually pay for vintage - right at $0.50 a card. I went that high because there were some reasonably big stars. Not something I'd do all the time, but once in a while I'll do it.

Whitey Ford was the big draw for me. Didn't realize the card would look quite so bad in person, but I'm OK with it.

Four other big stars. Wills and Flood who are not in the Hall of Fame are arguably bigger stars than Aparicio and Fox who are. Still, nice to have them all. It's cool that Post numbered Aparicio and Fox back-to-back too. Wills has the same water damage or whatever it is that the Ford has.
The rest of the bunch. All "commons" but no card this old is really a common, in my eyes.


2 comments:

  1. I would argue that that Maury Wills is his true rookie card. It's the first nationally distributed card he ever had. Since he wasn't signed with Topps, and since Post was the second-largest card brand at that time, I think it counts, personally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome lot of cards. Super jealous of the price.

    ReplyDelete