Friday, November 20, 2020

1981 Topps Craig Chamberlain

 

The front: Simple but appealing spring training shot, with several players far off in the distance.

The back: Chamberlain's three wins were complete games. After a loss and a no-decision, he recorded another complete-game win.

The player: After Chamberlain's hot start he lost hist last three games in 1979. In 1980 he pitched in relief as a September call-up, and did not pitch in the major leagues again, though he had a minor league career that stretched through 1991 (six games for the Indians organization) and independent ball through 1995.

The man: Craig and his wife Kim own Chamberlain Real Estate in Los Alamitos, CA.

My collection: I have two of his cards, 1980 and 1981 Topps. I would be interested in trading for 1981 TCMA Omaha Royals #4.

1 comment:

  1. I can honestly say I've never heard of Craig Chamberlain nor seen his name until now.

    ReplyDelete