Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Baseball card stories from Ben Harrison

Outfielder Ben Harrison played seven seasons of professional baseball, mostly in the Rangers organization. In 600 games he hit .262 with 86 HR and 348 RBI. Now a Marketing Representative at Federated Insurance in Jacksonville, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"First card deal I received was $2,500 and I exchanged it for a DMS massager because my hamstrings were a mess and the University of Florida trainer Kyle O’Day (Darren O’Day’s brother) just received one for the track guys at Florida.  Texas later bought one but I had it first.  It was worth more than my 2001 Explorer but I had to stay healthy or it didn’t matter.
 
I remember seeing a card of someone swinging and missing on their card.  That would have been a great card to have and laugh about.  I do have some error cards because some say I am from Milton, Florida and I don’t even know where that is.
 
I don’t collect baseball cards."
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment