Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Bart Evans on baseball cards

Bart Evans pitched nine years of professional baseball, mostly in the Royals organization. He made the major leagues with the Royals in 1998, going 0-0 with a 2.00 ERA in eight games. Now a Producing Branch Manager at Benchmark Mortgage in Houston, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

- Do you have any stories about cards of yourself or of other players?  Not anything crazy but the Signature Rookie cards are all personally signed and they sent them by the boxes, I spent hours after every game signing those.
- Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player?  Topps Bowman, I think every player looks forward to their first Topps card since that is what we all grew up on in the bubble gum packs. 
- Do you collect baseball cards?  I do, I have a ton.  My son is 18 now and we have has a lot of fun with them over the years and looking at some of my cards ironically playing against a lot of those guys.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment