Friday, April 10, 2015

Player Profile: Sid Bream

I have 63 cards of Sid Bream. This one is from 1991 Fleer Update.

Playing career: First baseman Sid Bream played twelve seasons in the major leagues, mostly for Pittsburgh and Atlanta. A lifetime .264 hitter with 90 HR and 455 RBI, he is best known for scoring the winning run for the Braves to end the 1992 NLCS vs. the Pirates.

Where he is now: National Spokesperson for Christian Sports International.

My memories: I remember him vaguely but nothing really specific. Just one of those guys that always appeared on baseball cards when I was young, but being in the NL I didn’t see much of him watching Yankee games.

Google Autocomplete results: He is third when you type Sid B, between Syd Barrett, a musician, and Sid Bernstein, a music promoter. There do not appear to be any other prominent Sid Breams.

Coming up next: The next profile will be Brent Brede.

No comments:

Post a Comment