Thursday, September 13, 2012

Player Profile: Wladimir Balentien

I have one card of Vladimir Balentien, from 2006 Bowman Futures Game.

Playing career: Outfielder Wladimir Balentien played for the Mariners and Reds from 2007 to 2009, hitting .221 with 15 HR and 52 RBI.

Where he is now: He has become a big star in Japan, among the league leaders in home runs. Here is a video of a home run he hit earlier this month that went all the way out of the stadium and led to a funny reaction by the pitcher.

My memories: I remember him playing for the Mariners against the Yankees. The Mariners are one of those teams I always seem to end up going to games against, and I vaguely remember seeing him at Yankee Stadium. He stood out to me because of his unusual name.

Google Autocomplete results: He is fifth when you type Wladi, between Wladimir Klitschko Net Worth and Wladimir Klitschko Next Fight, both of which refer to a boxer. There do not appear to be any other prominent Wladimir Balentiens.

Coming up next: The next profile will be Collin Balester.

No comments:

Post a Comment