Thursday, September 27, 2012

Josh Banks on baseball cards

Yesterday I profiled Josh Banks, who pitched four seasons in the major leagues, winning four games for the Padres in 2008 and 2009.  In doing my research on him I saw that he was now the General Manager of the Greater Severna Park Athletic Association. I emailed him there about his baseball card experiences and he kindly answered my questions:

- Do you have any stories about cards of yourself or of other players?
As much as I wish I had some neat story about a certain card I do not have any juicy details.
- Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player?
My favorite card of me is a panoramic picture of me pitching in SD and you can see the ball mid-flight towards homeplate. (Photo was shot in 08' home game in SD)
- Do you collect baseball cards? 
I use to collect cards by the boxes (Fleer, Donruss, Topps whole sets) as a kid and then as I got older I seemed to stop somewhere along the way for no particular reason.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment