Monday, November 14, 2011

Matt Mangini on baseball cards

Third baseman Matt Mangini was a first round draft choice of the Mariners in 2007, and made his major league debut in 2010. In 2011 he hit .336 with 2 HR and 41 RBI at AAA Tacoma. He kindly answered my questions about baseball cards. 
"Baseball card story of myself: my biggest card collector is my mom. She thinks it's fun to bid on my cards on the Internet even after I told her I could hook her up. Favorite card: I don't really have any favorite cards of myself but I remember I used to collect the all gold cards, I thought they were pretty cool. The Cal Ripken Jr Ironman Gem was my favorite. Do I collect: the only cards I collect now are of my teammates at every level, I usually get a few from each player and collect the team sets each year and get them signed, it's fun to look back and see all the good players I've got to play with."

Thanks!

1 comment: