Saturday, November 19, 2011

Mark Parnell on baseball cards

Mark Parnell pitched in the Royals and Reds organizations from 1988 to 1992, racking up 80 saves while striking out 307 batters in 307 innings. Now the owner of Mark Pressed4Time, the country's leading dry cleaning pickup and delivery service, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I never made it to the big leagues, but have some minor league cards. My son likes them. They are only good for throwing darts for anyone else. The funniest story I have about baseball cards happened this past summer. When I was in AA Memphis, in 1990, a guy from my high school tried to get my attention to sign a card but I never heard him. The next day he came back and one of my teammates got a ball from him and passed it around the dugout. A few of the guys signed it along with me and someone named Babe Ruth. There were always jokers around. This guy found me on Facebook this summer and told me this story. He still has the ball and the story.

I have a few cards. I do not really collect them but have some pretty good cards. Mostly guys I played with."

Thanks!

Also, don't forget to check out the latest This Week in Baseball Cards at the Hall of Very Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment