Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Jack Heidemann on baseball cards

Infielder Jack Heidmann played for the Indians, Cardinals, Mets and Brewers from 1969 to 1977. His best season was 1970, when he was the Indians' regular shortstop and led the American League in sacrifice flies. Now a Realtor at Realty Executives International in Tempe, AZ, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"My 1974 Cardinal card was a feature in Cooperstown. The long hair/sideburns of that era.
I have cards but don't look at them to keep in mint condition. I like to collect sets. My son and I would go to card shows after I retired from the game. My favorites are my Rookie Card, 1974 Cardinal, Willie Mays/Nolan Ryan cards. I did not even think about collecting when I first made the Big Leagues. Now, I look back and say, Why didn't I when at the Old Timers Games etc? Ted Williams, Yogi Berra, Mantle, Maris, Ford, Aaron, Mays, etc. Oh well."

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment