Friday, July 30, 2010

Trade with Funny Baseball Cards

I got a whole bunch of great cards yesterday from Dave at Funny Baseball Cards. I sent him some cards with funny pictures or names and he sent me some of his "boring" cards that he wanted to get rid of, which I don't find boring at all. (Although he did send a lot of 1990 Donruss - anybody have any needs for that set? My wife saw me sorting all these cards with orange backs and asked me why I got Halloween cards).

Many of these cards had great pictures...

... or were great Yankees I didn't previously have, like this Bernie Williams rookie.

Perhaps the coolest were some 1992 Topps Micro. I had never seen these before, and had just read SpastikMooss's post on A Pack to Be Named Later earlier in the day. I don't think that post accurately portrays just how tiny these cards are. Here are some photos I took with these cards against a regularly sized 1992 Topps to show just how small they are. I put them in a little bag right away so I wouldn't lose them!

2 comments:

  1. Haha I agree, you showed the size difference better - it definitely helps seeing them on top of a regular card. Aren't they just too wacky?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found some use in them! I'm just getting back to posting after taking a three week break. Now I need to scan in some of the ones you sent me!

    ReplyDelete