Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Ryan Tatusko on baseball cards

Ryan Tatusko is a pitcher in the Texas Rangers organization. Currently pitching at AA Frisco, he is a Texas League All-Star, with a 9-2 record and 2.97 ERA. In addition to pitching for the Rangers, he contributes to the Rangers minor league blog The Newberg Report and is a pitching instructor at the Roundtripper Academy in Westfield, IN. Yesterday he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards before going out and pitching six scoreless innings in a no decision against Corpus Christi.


"Its kinda funny around the clubhouse people tape old cards of other players in your locker. They do it either as a joke or just if they think your good friends or something like that. People send in baseball cards all the time to get autographed and its a pretty cool experience to have that.

I have had fans make their own baseball cards of me, on just regular paper or on thick photostock paper and I think its really cool to see some of their own designs that they create and they usually send me a few extra to keep for myself which I appreciate greatly.

I loved collecting baseball cards, I have gotten away from it. I would love to get back into it. Its my dream to own a Nolan Ryan rookie card. When I was a kid my dad and I used to go to card shows strictly looking for Nolan Ryan cards and I have amassed about 400 cards of his."

Thanks! Here is a card of his from my collection:

No comments:

Post a Comment