Monday, July 5, 2010

Do you like funny baseball cards?

Of course you do! That's why you're here! You don't come to this website for the latest news on a parallel refractor of Heyward Strasburg, after all. A reader of this blog knows that for me, the weirder and funnier, the better. I'm glad to say I'm not alone in this love for cardboard strangeness - there is a pretty new blog called funnybaseballcards.com which looks awesome.

Some of the things on the site are similar to what I have here. Like early 80s Fleer? He's got it.

Like funny hair? He's got it.

But he's got so much more. Like funny names (did the Browns really have a RB named Ben Gay?) Awkward action photos. Nolan Ryan in short shorts. And that's just from the first two pages!

1 comment:

  1. Heck yeah they had Ben Gay! I actually did a write up on him when I nominated him for the GSNHOF - great talent with potential, threw it all away with personal issues a la Elijah Dukes or Toe Nash.

    ReplyDelete