Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Baseball card stories from David Aardsma

David Aardsma pitched for eight teams in nine major league seasons. His best years were with the Mariners, when he saved 69 games in 2009 and 2010 as the team's closer. Now Coordinator of Player Development for the Toronto Blue Jays, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I loved collecting cards as a kid. My parents would go to the store and get me packs all the time when I was little so as I grew up I already had a collection. 1984 Topps was the set I had the most of because of my parents. My post prized card was the 1983 Ryne Sandberg rookie card, I saved up forever to buy it. I spent something like $100 in 91 or 93 for the card and I cherished the card. 
 
One of my personal favorite cards is the 2006 Upper Deck card, I was in the middle of doing the Captain Morgan pose. Haha."

Thanks!


1 comment:

  1. He has great taste. 1983 and 1984 Topps are great sets.

    ReplyDelete