Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Todd Kibby on baseball cards

Todd Kibby pitched in the White Sox organization from 2011 to 2013. In 60 games he went 16-6 with a 3.66 ERA. Now the General Manager and Pitching Instructor for the Ohio Glaciers youth team, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I never even knew my Topps cards got made up. It was after I had a good year in Bristol and I got promoted to the SAL league (Kannapolis) after leading the Appalachian League in strikeouts. I thought nothing of it until people starting sending a bunch of cards to the clubhouse for me to sign. People on the road would ask me to sign and i always asked them if I could have a card because I didn’t have any of myself. I wanted my family to be able to see them. One of my favorites was the card with the Ohio State flag in the background. I thought it was cool to see where I came from. As far as collecting cards i stopped collecting once I got drafted. I met all the people and I didn’t want to use the platform to get those guys to sign. I knew them in real life and those are good enough for me."

Thanks! I don't have that card, but here is one I do have.

No comments:

Post a Comment