Monday, August 28, 2017

Brent Honeywell on baseball cards

Brent Honeywell pitched in the Pirates organization from 1988 to 1990. In 75 games he went 16-10 with 6 saves and a 3.70 ERA. His son, Brett Honeywell Jr., pitches in the Rays organization and is ranked the 22nd-best prospect in the minor leagues. Now a youth baseball coach in Georgia, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I only had one card made. I collected cards as a kid but as most kids do they used to put them in your spokes of your bicycle and who knows how much money was spinning around the small town of Brooklyn, MI. I started collecting again while in pro ball and Ken Griffey Jr was my favorite. Now I collect all the different cards of my son and waiting on my youngest son to hit stardom. He will be pitching at Walters State where his brother pitched."
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment