Friday, November 20, 2015

Rick Lundblade on baseball cards

C-1B Rick Lundblade played six seasons in the Phillies, Mets and Orioles organizations. In 455 games he hit .266 with 54 HR and 246 RBI. Now a personal injury and sports/entertainment attorney with a law firm - Rick Lundblade Law - with offices in Oregon and California, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"Probably my favorite card would be the Maine Phillies cards from 1988. If I recall correctly, there are two such cards, although I would not be able to remember the companies that produce those cards. They are probably my favorites because they were representative of my first season in AAA ball.

I do not collect baseball cards currently. I was an avid collector of baseball cards when I was a young kid back in the 1970's, when Topps was the only company making baseball cards. Somewhere, a collection of cards remains. If I recall correctly, the value of baseball cards underwent a financial change back in the 1990s. I would have no idea as to the value of cards today. All I can tell you at this point as I can recall that I still somewhere have Johnny Bench and Nolan Ryan rookie cards that apparently had some significant value 20 to 25 years ago. I always thought it was pretty remarkable that a small piece of cardboard could hold that type of value!"

 

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment