Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Player Profile: T.J. Beam

I have four cards of T.J. Beam. This one is from the 2005 Topps Yankees Prospects set.

Playing career: T.J. Beam pitched for the Yankees in 2006 and the Pirates in 2008. In 52 games, all in relief, he went 4-2 with a save and a 5.37 ERA.

My memories: I remember him vaguely coming up with the Yankees, but he only pitched in 20 games for the team, all in middle relief, so I can’t say I remember any specifics.

Where he is now: A coach at Chad Moeller Baseball in Scottsdale, AZ.

Google Autocomplete results: He is seventh when you type T.J. Be, between T.J. Berden, a marketing producer, and T.J. Berry Missouri State Rep, referring to a Republican from the Kansas City area.

Coming up next: The next profile will be Charlie Beamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment