Thursday, June 6, 2013

Jose Fernandez on baseball cards

Catcher Jose Fernandez played six seasons in the Cardinals and Phillies organizations, including parts of three seasons at the AAA level. After his baseball career he went into education, earning a doctorate degree from the University of Central Florida. Now the Athletic Director at Woodward Academy in College Park, Georgia, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"You never knew when the card companies would show up to take pictures so you never really had an opportunity to prepare for them. I remember the picture I took for the AA Arkansas team, the photographer showed up right before our practice and our manager almost didn't let the photo op happen.
 
I guess the picture from the AA Arkansas team is the one most people have asked me to sign for them so it must be the favorite.
 
I do not collect baseball cards, I collect Native American pottery instead."

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment