Friday, June 7, 2013

Chris Wakeland on baseball cards

Outfielder Chris Wakeland played eight seasons of professional baseball. He made the major leagues in 2001 with the Tigers, hitting .250 with 2 HR and 6 RBI in 10 games. Now the Managing Coach for the Huntington Beach Toros in California, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I was on a card with two guys - Jason Conti and player named Brian Cole who was a big Mets prospect who died in a car accident after spring training.
I collected cards growing up and stopped in 1992. My favorite card is an Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr rookie card.
Also the Rickey Henderson Topps rookie card. What's so cool is I got to play against both of those guys in my career! My wife currently has every baseball card I have been on and has over a hundred of them and is constantly on eBay battling people for them. My wife's favorite card of me is my Jacksonville Suns AA card."

Thanks! Unfortunately I couldn't find a picture of the Jacksonville card.

No comments:

Post a Comment