Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Stan Royer on baseball cards

Stan Royer, the A's first round draft pick in 1988, played four seasons in the major leagues for the Cardinals and Red Sox, twice hitting over .300. Now the President and Co-Founder of AMD Financial Services in St. Louis, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"My first baseball card wasn't even taken on a baseball field like most cards are. It was taken in a studio.

I'm kind of partial to the up and coming card when I was with the Cardinals. It might of said rising star on it. Not sure.

I do not collect baseball cards, but I have tried to collect all of my cards."

Thanks! Though his 1993 Topps card actually says "Coming Attraction," it does have a lot of stars rising in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment