Saturday, January 28, 2012

Kris Benson on baseball cards

Kris Benson pitched nine seasons in the major leagues, mostly for the Pirates and Mets, winning 70 games. Now Managing Director at Monarch Wealth & Business Management, a NY-based financial services firm that represents high level athletes, entertainers, business professionals, and high net-worth individuals, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

- Do you have any stories about cards of yourself or of other players?
The first card that I had was a dual Topps card with myself and Billy Koch. We shot it at the Clemson University campus Botanical Gardens. Since it's my first card, that's my favorite.


- Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player?
I have some nice cards. Rookie cards of Cal Ripken, Tony Gwynn, and Rickey Henderson are very cool.

- Do you collect baseball cards?
I only collected cards for a handful of years.
I use to collect sets in the late-80's, but then they started getting too expensive for my pockets at the time. I started collecting a few special cards here and there. Over the last 10 years though, I haven't done any collecting. Maybe I should look into it again...


Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment