Friday, February 4, 2011

Lee Gronkiewicz on baseball cards

Lee Gronkiewicz pitched eight seasons in the Indians, Blue Jays and Red Sox organizations, making the major leagues with Toronto in 2007. He compiled a 2.43 ERA in the minors and a 2.25 ERA in the majors. Now the manager of the Columbia Blowfish of the Coastal Plain League and the pitching coach at the University of South Carolina - Lancaster, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

- Do you have any stories about cards of yourself or of other players?
One story of a baseball card I had with the Syracuse Chiefs. I was injured. I did not have any pants on in the picture.

- Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player?
My favorite card of myself is an Upper Deck card of me while playing with Team USA. It is called by the letters. I have the C card. It is 1 of 11.

- Do you collect baseball cards?
I collected cards when I was a kid. My favorite card was a Nolan Ryan card of him throwing a football.
My second was my Topps rookie card of Dwight Gooden, my favorite pitcher growing up. Now all I collect is cards of myself now that I am retired.

Thanks! Here is a card of him from my collection:

1 comment:

  1. Very relieved that I do not have that Syracuse SkyChiefs card.

    ReplyDelete