Saturday, February 26, 2011

John Pricher on baseball cards

John Pricher pitched four seasons in the Angels organization. In 148 games he had 52 saves and struck out 175 batters in 177 innings. Now the Assistant Director at the Gainesville, Florida Visitors & Convention Bureau and pitching coach at Santa Fe High School, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

Do you have any stories about cards of yourself or of other players?
I was playing in Palm Springs when a kid came up and asked me to sign a card for him. When he passed the card and pen it was a card I hadn't seen. I asked him where he got the card and he said a pack of cards he bought at the store. That was a cool experience.

Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player?
There is one that is a special edition where both the photos are live action shots. I liked that one because it shows me in a couple of steps in the delivery and I hated posing for the cards.

Do you collect baseball cards?
No. I did for a bit when I was in Junior High before it became such an industry. I have always felt that I would rather have 5 minutes of someone's time who I enjoy watching time than an autograph.

Thanks! This is the one card I have of Pricher, from 1993 Classic Best. It kind of has an action shot on either side.

No comments:

Post a Comment