Sunday, August 8, 2010

Baseball card stories from Chris Clapinski

Chris Clapinski played fourteen years of major league baseball, making the major leagues in 1999 and 2000 with Florida. Now a financial advisor at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney, he kindly shared with me some baseball card stories.

"My favorite card story was as a kid I was at a card show and found a Pete Rose Topps rookie four player card in a 10 cent bin. When I told the vendor it probably didn't belong there he laughed and thanked me and gave me a thank you for my effort.

I collect anything baseball, particularly anything related to the history of baseball.

The only story I have about cards is when I went over to the royals in 05' my picture was put on a Mark Teahen card."

Thanks! I couldn't figure out which Teahen card he was referring to - any readers know? Here is a card of Clapinski from his time with Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment