Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Wallet card with another Pepsi privilege sign

This is one of those posts that probably won't interest too many of you, but it's something I like. I really enjoy finding old Pepsi privilege signs that are still up after 40-50 years. There is a photographer on Flickr named Ben Hagen who has an unequaled eye for finding interesting details in the urban environment. He posted a photo of a Pepsi sign peeking behind another sign in Chelsea. Despite minimal clues I had a feeling I knew exactly where it was, a building on 7th Avenue and 22nd Street that has been boarded up for many years due to ownership disputes. When I was in the city last month I had a chance to check it out, and I was right! Not much to see but still a fun find for someone who "collects" sightings like these. This was back in mid-December, someone was using the vacant space to sell Christmas trees. I'll always enjoy opportunities to find bits of the past peeking into the present.



1 comment:

  1. Seems like you and that Ben fellow should be the best of friends. There can't be too many people left who share this same interest of yours.

    ReplyDelete