Sunday, January 9, 2022

Mostly modern random lot

I picked up a fun little random lot for a nickel a card. About half the lot was three oddball team sets.

1990 Kahn's Mets - partial set. I'm no Met fan but I always like those team-issued sets.

1990 Columbus Clippers partial set. I don't know why they went with black-and-white for this set. Fun to get cards like the Ron Davis, with his unsuccessful attempt at a comeback with the Yankees.
Complete 1984 Toronto Blue Jays set. This was a fun one to get, lots of photos at Exhibition Stadium, which does not come up a whole lot on cards.

Here are the other modern cards I needed in the lot. Heavy on Bowman and Opening Day but a couple of '18 Topps set needs.

Two vintage cards in the lot, including a 1960 Topps High Number which was probably worth more than I paid for the whole lot. I'm a bit embarrassed that I didn't even know who Joe Cunningham. He was a contact hitter who walked a lot but didn't have much power. He hit .345 in 1959 but never hit close to that again.

There were also two 1984 Topps Supers. Man, the amount of cocaine snorted by these two. There were some well-preserved wrappers - I don't collect wrappers so they are up for trade. Same with those two 1985 Topps game cards.

Here is the rest of the "trade bait". I already had the Columbus Jim Leyritz and some of the Met cards, and the Blue Jays set had an extra Tony Fernandez. Most of the rest is junk wax and recent-year Opening Day cards.




3 comments:

  1. Those Blue Jays cards do look like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Jays had some talent.

    Keith Hernandez dated Elaine Benes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't collect him, but if I ever come across a cheap copy of that Kahn's Gooden while I'm out and about, I'm gonna buy it!

    ReplyDelete