Friday, January 28, 2022

Gustavo Molina on baseball cards

Catcher Gustavo Molina played nineteen seasons of professional baseball, including parts of four seasons in the major leagues with the White Sox, Orioles, Mets, Red Sox and Yankees. In 1,574 professional games he hit .234 with 119 HR and 598 RBI. Now the manager of the Reds' Dominican Summer League Team, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

- Do you have any stories about cards of yourself or of other players?  The first time I see a baseball cards of my self was a great feeling . It never crossed my mind ever but I had to sign like 2000 just to get a contract.
- Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player? I keep for couple of each model they make for me at home.
- Do you collect baseball cards? No

Thanks!



2 comments:

  1. My father-in-law and I had an inside joke that for a team to be successful, you "gotta have a Molina!" Although Gustavo was not among the great catching Molina brothers, we included him just because he played for the Red Sox and Yankees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting that card companies would make the players sign cards just to get a contract.

    ReplyDelete