Sunday, October 11, 2020

Cards and Vintage Things: Charlie Maxwell and the Baby Dolls

 Fortunately for me, the pandemic surge in baseball card pricing has not affected the matchbook market, and I've been able to acquire cheap lots at a steady rate. I'm not showing all of them here, though I will eventually show off the lot that this one came in as it had a lot of sports-related matchbooks. However, when I saw this one I realized it would be perfect for Collecting Cutch's annual Save Second Base event. It's not very vintage, '80s I guess by the hair. However it goes well with this pink 1958 Topps card.




3 comments:

  1. Awesome card of the great "Paw Paw" Maxwell.

    Very popular because of his HR prowess on Sunday home games at then BRIGGS Stadium.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think that you'll ever have to worry about matchbooks going up, at least not unless some matchbook grading company starts up... then you might see an uptick in prices!

    ReplyDelete